Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Matani, Day 7


Hey all! So, I started teaching yesterday and it has been great so far! My co-teacher is super nice and always asking for my help and input. Man, the kids here are nuts though! There is absolutely no order in the class room, Im not sure what I get my head aches from at school, the kids or the teacher constantly yelling at them to be quiet! The first class I taught was a grade six class, and the frist thing they wanted to know was how to properly pronounce "shut up"...fantastic. The grade three classes gave be a bouqet of roses today and all the kids are always saying hello and goodbye, its so cute! Took a walk with B and her host sister to a beautiful church today and walked around the village a bit. I seriously wonder if I have something growing on my face everyday from the stares I get. But, people are just curious I guess...Dont really know what about since multiple people have told me I look Georgian lol We (we as in me and the other Kakheti volunteers) are planning on a trip to Telavi this weekend for more adventures and shopping. My back pack took a crap so I am in desparate need of a new one! I wish you all could be here to see how amazingly beautiful this country is! School gets out on the 15th of June so I will have the whole summer off! Hello, Italy!!!!! We all have big plans for travelling this summer so stay tuned! Love and miss you all!!



The outside of the Church we visited today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment