Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nino

Wow, I am really starting to suck at this whole blog thing! Anyways, the past week has been great and really relaxing! I booked my flight to Italy this week and I am extremely excited for it! Also, booked my flight home for the wedding! I can't wait for all of it but, I am going to miss Georgia sooooo much, especially my host family! Sofi, and her mom and I were sitting at the table eating sunflower seeds and I told her how much I am going to miss it here while I am gone. She replied with "Me too! My mother and I, so love you!". This made my day :) I am so greatful that I was placed with such a fantastic, loving, and caring host family! To top this off, later that day I went to sit with Nineli and Sofi and Nineli said (in Georgian) "My two daughters" with this huge smile on her face. :)

Tonight I was unexpectedy brought to the neighbours for my first Supra! (which is a traditional Georgian feast, usually a celebration of some sort) There is more food and wine on the tables than any one could imagine! They ran out of table space and were literally piling dishes of food on top of one another. More people kept coming and everyone just shifted to the left to make more room. Toasting is also a crucial part of any Georgian Supra. Im not exactly sure what the purpose of this supra was but I am guessing it had to do with an expecting mama, as most of the toasts were directed at her and her husband. The supra wasn't as big as I had expected, but a great experience, none the less. I took a couple of pictures to share with all of you :)

This Georgian adventure is still a fantastic experience, even with the stressors of things going on at home, I am still loving every minute of it. I cannot begin to describe all of the fantastic opportunites this decision has brought me. I have learned so much and am growing as a person because of all of it. Dont get me wrong, not everything is sunshine and dasies (i.e. constant staring) but I wouldnt change any of it. If anyone is EVER blessed with this kind of opportunity in their lifetime, you would be crazy not to jump at it. It brings you a whole different outlook on the world and the people in it. It shows you many different ways of life and teaches you more than you could imagine!

Here is the picture from tonight's supra :) Nineli (host mama) is in white on the far left...

Can't forget about the cake!

To wrap this all up, I want wish my amazing Dad a happy Fathers Day! Dad, you are the most important man in my life and I dont know what I would do without you! You are the person who taught me everything from how to ride a bike, to how to drive standard (and drive properly over all! lol) and most importantly played a huge role in who I am today. I can't even begin to thank you for everything you have done for us over the past few years (you know what I'm talking about). When things get tough and life knocks me down, you are always right there to pick me up and put me back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment